MUST READ FOR LOCAL BUSINESS OWNERS
4 Very Important Local SEO and Marketing Tips
Search engines are smarter, SEO must Evolve
With today’s growing online market, there are few things that can compare to local SEO to help local companies and small businesses. Google and other engines keep getting faster and smarter, that does not mean local SEO is not needed anymore. Your local company will lose to competitors if you don’t work to keep your business in the public’s eye.
Even though SEO consists of relevant and great content and a user-friendly website, local SEO has different practices and marketing requirements that will influence your Google position locally. There are hundreds of ranking factors to consider for local SEO, I will show you just 4 of some of the most important factors for Local SEO.
1. Proper landing pages that is optimized for a specific town or city
Developing a unique landing page for each town or city you service is one of the best ways to increase organic rankings and traffic in different locales. Each new page should be well thought out to capture the interest of your target city, and should include the following:
- business name, address, and phone number (NAP)
- Your services and products
- Unique URL and descriptive page title
- A map and directions to your business
- Operating hours
- Business email address and contact us forms
- Social media buttons
- Operating hours
- Descriptive and Unique page descriptions that include the target cities name
Never copy and paste the same website landing page and swap out the city names. That is a sure way to get a duplicate content penalty from the search engines.
- Website pages should be responsive, for mobile users.
- Your content should be clear and descriptive
- Navigating on the website should be easy and not confusing.
- You should include relevant keywords for instance “SEO Company in Pretoria” that will help your search engine ranking.
2. Find and optimize local directory listings and keep your NAP consistent
you can also include the following:
- Website URL
- Business Hours
- Ratings and reviews
- Other services you offer
- Photos and team members